The Woodhouse Ringing Machine was designed and constructed by George Woodhouse in the 1930s. The machine was bequeathed to the Lancashire Association when he died in 1957. It is kept in a temperature-controlled environment at St. Andrew's church, Sedbergh.
Detailed descriptions can be found in Bill Purvis's and The Lancashire Association's web sites.
Links to articles in The Ringing world
1934 - Article with photo
1962 - Ringing machine demonstrated to Lancashire Association
1963 - Ringing machine demonstrated by George Thwaites
1963 - Article with photos by Cyril Crossthwaite
1963 - Letter by Edwin Jennings
1964 - Peal rung on the machine
1968 - Article with by Cyril Crossthwaite
1972 - Recollections of George Woodhouse and Sedbergh
1957 - Announcement
1957 - Obituary
History & Archive